You don't have to read this if you don't like books.

Dear blog,

It's been a a year or so since I've visited you. And well over a year since I've written anything, so I thought I was due for an update. I don't think anyone reads this anyway, but I'm just gonna write for posterity.
This year I started high school, and so far in my English class we've read The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho, The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck, The Pearl by John Steinbeck, Animal Farm by George Orwell, and we just started Anthem by Ayn Rand. Out of my teachers selection of literature, I particularly enjoyed The Alchemist-I found it inspiring and filled with rich wisdom! The Good Earth didn't capture my attention. As much as I respect Buck's work, the book was not a page turner. I've admired John Steinbeck since I read Of Mice and Men a year ago. The Pearl was a similarly constructed novel with another subtle moral-I appreciate Steinbeck's storytelling. Animal Farm was interesting, it definitely introduced a colder, more cynical view on all governments. Now Anthem has got me hooked, I haven't quite figured it out yet; it's like nothing else I've ever read.

Well, that's my opinion for the day on highschool literature. I hope you enjoyed reading that. Have a nice day! =)

~Julia

1 comment:

Joseph Hunkins said...

Nice post, keep it up! I read your blog : )